>> Friday, September 02, 2005

Fabrication Yard Visit

















Asian Hercules carries up to 3200 metric tonnes.


The visit to a fabrication yard in Johor opened up my eyes to many different perspectives. I saw different modules and support frames, flare booms and many more, but the best part was to actually witness the Asian Hercules myself. The big crane of the barge was unbelievable huge. It was colossal. Lying down towards the frame waiting to be loaded out were immensely thick cables and shackles at the end of each to tie up the structure. The original schedule for the frame to be up on the barge was 96 hours. I thought I was going to witness that huge structure lifted up by the Hercules but apparently, the process was very slow even with all the men working around the clock to finish it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home