>> Friday, January 20, 2006

Stopping by...

Upon my return, I headed to KT instead and booked a flight back in the evening. I didn’t intend to visit grandma and pa but that was the plan then. Perhaps I had made a good on-impulse decision. They didn’t seem too surprised and showed only a mild delight, but that had made my day.

On the way there, I gazed out the window and thought to myself, “So this what happens on this side of the world.” I’ve always wondered what it’s like to be elsewhere when I was going about my routines. Life here is probably less stressful but you know that ain’t going to matter much. Less sophistication is not an issue. People went about their lives in a fashion they would intend to. Shouldn’t life follow your fashion? And passion?

Both grandma and pa were doing OK. I pray they still are. Since it wasn’t a holiday season, it felt significantly quieter than usual. There were no other relatives but two of my uncles and my grandparents on this one. First I stopped by for some goodies. You knew you couldn’t be empty handed. Then refreshed, went for the Friday prayer with Pok Sang and grandpa and later enjoyed grandma’s delectable lunch.. Pok Sang sent me to the Sultan Mahmud airport. The short visit was over but it lasted in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home