>> Thursday, April 20, 2006

Nasi Dagang

It's been a while since the last time I had Nasi Dagang. It's one of my favorite dishes, especially the Terengganu style. Dad said that the skills to cook in such quality has diminished over time. In the older days, even the type of firewood to steam the rice (with a portion of sticky ones) is carefully selected, say, woods of Rambutan or rubber trees. Fish has got to be Tuna. Recalling my uncle and aunt's attempt to popularize it in KL a while back, nobody bought it until they switched the course to chicken curry! KL folks are just too modern for the original taste. Here's a site that has some info. And it's not "Trader's rice" in English. It's Traveler's instead (or Musafir).

In any case, I wish my future wife is an expert of Nasi Dagang.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home