>> Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tarnished Record

I crashed into a car late yesterday. It wasn't a big crash but enough to raise my bonnet half an inch and dent the other car's back bumper half an inch. Fortunately the other car's bumper was tough. There goes my record. Finally an accident. October 2nd 6:05PM.

It was all due to micro-sleep. Just 1 second in unconsciousness and voila, anything can happen. I was so tired O_0 T_T

Immediate mitigation - commute by public transport. At least I can sleep all I want even while standing in the middle of the crowd.

By the way, I apologized and gave the driver my phone number, office number, and send in the alternate number I am switching to now. I see no other way but to recompense the damages.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ihsan Khairir said...

back bumper is always tougher. Front part of a car is usually made to collapse / crush, so it's no surprise if your car looks worse than the other car

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2nd october huh? I set my first (and so far the only) record on 6th October 2004 at 202.2km Utara-Selatan Highway.

zid, take a rest!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Intan Saleh said...

seriyesly.. u need to sleep.

hope nobody was injured. you especially. enough knee to deal with.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Zidni said...

2 yrs ago? the only 1 after4 yrs of driving eh? ok la tuu.

rest? sleep? then i need to quit my job. lol.. tell that to my boss.

i'm glad no injury or fatality involved. my knee survived. but i think a few of my brain cells actually died in the process...

kene gi offshore lg ni, t/shooting isk2. camne. knee is still recovering. if i don't go, who would.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Zidni said...

so, it is designed that way, yeah san? very smart. and many thousandss of crash-test-dummies have been sacrificed to contribute to automotive engineering, especially volvo... a tribute.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home