>> Sunday, January 01, 2006

Green

Mow, mow, mow the lawn, gently down the green... what a way to start a new year!


A year from now… I would complain less about my job but still struggling to keep up with everything. The environment would still be somewhat brutal. CB would hopefully feel a bit more comfortable at school. Alya would wear her brains out in deciding her future…

2
years from now… Dad would retire from his long and stable career. Hopefully, his application to extend two more years would be approved. Ashbi would start scouting for a boarding school. I hope he’s going to do well in UPSR.

3 years from now… Kak Long would finally finish her PhD. I would probably settle down and start a family. Or not. It’s CB’s turn to wear his brains out in deciding his future…

5 years from now… I would finish serving my sentence! That’s what I get for stealing the company’s money for four and half years. K.Long and K.Ngah would have probably moved out to their homes or even earlier. Good for them. I would again try and settle down if it didn’t happen last time. Or not.

10 years from now… I hope to finish my MBA or another equivalent degree by now, start earning better, and live a regular life (or a hectic one). I would’ve probably settled down and started a family should the last trial fail. This would be like a deadline for starting up a family. MBA wouldn’t probably work. It’s way too expensive.

20 years from now… I’d feel like starting my life over again. (As described by dad, something happens at 40 that makes a man wild about doing something he hasn’t done, considering a second wife or some sort, as popularly labeled as ‘the middle-life crisis’. The man would constantly think about giddying up for no reason or other new excitements and etc. At this time, dad continued, the wife has to be there for him or something bad happens that’s why we have to choose our mate wisely now. It’s almost irreversible.) I don’t know what’s going to happen. But what I do know is by now; I’m not supposed to worry about what I don’t have. Oh, by the way, hopefully, I’ve done the pilgrimage already. Hajj.

30 years from now… I’d probably own a few businesses to help my family and others. My kids would have grown up and become more or less like their mom and dad. They could do whatever they want in life, as long it wouldn’t conflict with the number 1 priority. Retirement and health issue would come in. The only certain part of life is indeed death.

50 years from now… If I make it to seventy, I’d talk to my generation to pass on the lessons. Pass on the legacy. I’m going to die soon so I hope I’ve done all the goods things I could.

2,000,000 years from now… (if the earth survives it) I’m long dead. I become fossils again then turned into oil for Shell to drill out. Exxonmobil went down a couple of thousands years ago for choking on its own carbon-dioxide release.

P/S: I could’ve gone into more details, but where’s the fun in that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home