>> Thursday, August 31, 2006

Take Care of your Knee!

Hi. I'm bouncing back but not as high as before. I still cough and I can still do voice-over for trailers, the one that sounds like a 7-foot tall man who's been smoking since childhood? It's all very much the same, except that I'm not really doing any voice-overs, I'm not a 7-foot tall man, and I haven't been smoking since childhood. But it'd be very interesting to do voice-overs though. The rest...well, moderate fever out. Super influenza (sounds like a new model of Mazda or Toyota) also out. Maybe a sniff or two every once in a while. Praise be to Allah.

I'm also wrapping my lower leg tight, from the shin and around the back of my lower leg (calf/betis) because it's unbelievably sore down the left. Any of these muscles ring any bells? (Evertor, plantar, flexor, plantar flexor, whatever.) The unusual walking posture must have induced extra tension beyond the original tolerance. I've always had the impression that my thigh muscles would get in trouble first because of ligament loss. In spite of that, the trouble is seen in the opposite side.

Probably and almost apparently, my thigh muscles are already strong (maybe a contributing factor of being bow-legged, lol) and that my lower leg is not as strong. Wait. How can the upper leg develop stronger muscles relative to the lower, or perhaps, how come the overall development of muscles is not proportional (since thighs appear to be more massive and I really don't know exactly which has more muscles or which one is supposed to be stronger), even though the movements and exercises are executed by the leg as one? Is there any physical habit that doesn't make them proportional? Sounds scary.

The most noticeable aftermath of losing an ACL is the sway effect. Don't you always allow both your knees slide to the back and into a locking position when you stand straight? And then you feel like there's a stopper that would prevent your knees to slide back further? Can you feel the stopping force from within? And even if you push backward, there would be no further movement available? (You can stand now and try) Well, imagine if that force is gone. It feels like it's going to sway to and fro but it's not really doing it. It's really scary.

Some of you did try to stand and lock the knee backward, ha? :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha yeah i did.
only i was expecting to hear a clicking sound or something but there wasn't any.
i hope you're progressing well bro.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Zidni said...

clicking sound when you're doing the opposite, bro. i normally get a click every time knees fold i.e. squatting. well.. maybe it's just me.

ooh.. oh.. i see your pun now, as in the clicking due to locking. haha. (reminds me of using !xidni whenever i visit africa, pronounced "click!"idni".)

thanks, i think i'm progressing well, Alhamdulillah. thanks to those who've been praying for my speedy recovery too.

7:15 PM  
Blogger taufiq said...

The Washington Post

WASHINGTON — The amount of nicotine in most cigarettes rose an average of almost 10 percent between 1998 and 2004, with brands most popular with young people and minorities registering the biggest increases and highest nicotine content, according to a new study

Zid, please do not smoke ;)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Zidni said...

I already don't. Don't worry :)

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home