>> Sunday, September 03, 2006

Distortion Field

I was on my way to PWTC via KTM Commuter yesterday and couldn't help but notice reality at a glance. I had observed the followings:

1. Two Chinese students (sitting in front of me) were:
holding Math books, test modules, and a bottle of water, checking on Math calculation results, and discussing them a bit

2. An Indian man (sitting beside me) was:
reading a 300-page Technopreneurship-related book, holding a purple umbrella

3. The rest of the Malaysians (all around other seats, Malays/ Melayu) were:
either holding newspapers, doing nothing, watching out the windows, talking to cell phones, listening to music, or any intermediate steps in between the aforementioned activities

Now, who is better prepared, even to the point of expecting rain and overcoming thirst, let alone in being literate compared to say, leisure? Is this some sort of complacency test? Now you can argue the size of my study sample, but you can't argue my point. Well you can actually. Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home