>> Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jump start

I accidentally left the key inside Wira and drained the battery. Hj Mohamed Isnin helped me fire it up again a day after. Thank you, Haji Md.





















To roll the car back one space took almost all of the power I had.

The vehicle weight is around 975kg, giving a normal force of approximately 9,565N. Add maybe 20liter of petrol (vehicle Gasoline with s.g. of ~0.737), the normal force becomes 9,710N. The coefficient of rolling friction is roughly 0.15, for ordinary car tires on rough tar road, summing the resistance force to 1,456.5N. The movement takes the minimum locus of 4.27m straight to the back for this is the also the length of the car. It took me roughly 7 seconds from start to stop. Assume wind and air resistance are negligible and the force (thus the power generation) to move my own body has not been taken into account.

That's merely a 888W feat but only for a few seconds. Athletes can pull 1000W I think, and for even longer duration. Strangely enough I didn't feel like my knee or my back was about to sprain or anything. Well, I might not feel it now, but 20 years down the road...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ihsan Khairir said...

haven't done stuff like this for years

5:19 AM  
Blogger Intan Saleh said...

sounds like physic. *runs*

9:54 AM  
Blogger Zidni said...

ihsan:
cool stuff kan. fbd = free-body diagram.

aiechomeyll:
which part? oo.. the 20 yrs down the road.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Intan Saleh said...

is that a real question? u sure answered wrong.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home