>> Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Thanks for All the Fish!

I finally finished the 'Trilogy' last Sunday (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; The Restaurant at the End of the Universe; Life, the Universe and Everything; So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish; Young Zaphod Plays it Safe; and Mostly Harmless)

It's a wonderful journey; both interesting and also perplexing. I will always remember Arthur helplessly protesting, "Look!" when Agrajaj in the form of an ugly bird was trying to peck him, and when he was sighing, "I have a trouble with my lifestyle," while looking at himself wearing a bedroom robe and a pair of slipper.

There is no easy flow in all of Adams' writings. For someone slow like me, some paragraphs had to be read twice to be understood. On the bright side, at least I would find digesting stories from other authors to be slightly easier after this one. I wish someone would continue 'The Salmon of Doubt' though. It's supposed to be Adams' sixth installation but Adams he never got to finish it.

So Long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home