>> Friday, October 20, 2006

13 years ago

Speaking of Doom, I remember a part of my childhood was filled with books, games, and toys. Unfortunately not much of friends, but that's besides the point. My nerdishness got the better of me. It was fun enough to a level that I remember to be fun. (Let's not recall any bad experience at this time). The best part of everything was actually this - no worries. :)










Left - Doom is arguably the gold standard of games even until today. Right - guess which game?


I'm quite fond of computer games. My eye-hand coordination has improved significantly. =p











Warcraft classic. Total Annihilation - the top on my list.












DOS and VGA games then - Pharaoh's Tomb & Arctic Adventure. Games don't need to be high tech. :)













As long as they're fun. Problem-solving skills (Lost Vikings), strategy (Shining Force),


Even to the most classic, CGA era, Gauntlet...












And many more. I think I'll stop here before you get bored.

Also, Tamiya ( I bought a Big Bang Ghost and modified it :D ), riding Haro Master, etcetera, the good old days.










As you grow older, you'd have more responsibilities, you'd have more worries, you'd become serious, then you'd grow even older, and so it goes. Maybe we should take a break. Just have fun. Be like kids again. :D

9 Comments:

Blogger daftsavant said...

Wolfenstein, Dune, The Art of War...classics. I still play the online version of Magic: The Gathering, once in a while.

Nowdays, MMORPG like Second Life and World of Warcraft make the news more often.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Zidni said...

Wolfenstein, Indiana Jones, X-Wing, Digger .. .
Totally missed out Dune.

Am looking for a good RPG. Suggestions?

11:40 PM  
Blogger daftsavant said...

Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate...

Ninety-Nine Nights (N3) looks great too, but only on Xbox 360.

Ah...X-Wing & Tie-Fighter, best simulation ever.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Zidni said...

Cool. ill check em out.

10:19 AM  
Blogger myrasya said...

i only knew how to play batu seremban and congkak..oh.. also konda kondi, galah panjang, bola beracun and lompat getah. emm.. i remember playing supermario, but i cannot recall until what stage that i managed to pass but there was a kura kura and bebola api.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Zidni said...

ha.. Mario - kene lawan naga, to save the princess. i remember playing gasing, guli, konda kondi, galah panjang sampai koyak2 sluar skolah, bola bracun.. :) mmg fun. ha, ladies la main getah, congkak & batu seremban. kitorang main tutup botol pun jadi la.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ihsan Khairir said...

iddqd
idkfa
idspispopd
That's all I need to remember to beat Doom

Oh and Shining Force... good times my friend, good times.

Wolfenstein was my first FPS... B.J. Blackowicz escaped and I was like wow...

Total Annihilation - remember the system32 folder Zeed? I used the same 'tactic' for my family's computer at home in Malaysia :p

3:50 AM  
Blogger myrasya said...

wahwah ikhsan..tak melayunya dia. tak main galah panjang and all budak budak main.

perhaps u know, i can smell what the rock is cooking.

muke ko mcm the rock laa..

11:36 AM  
Blogger Zidni said...

ehh, blum tgk ihsan bersilat cekak lg, jgn memain. hanya ameng shj yg mampu menahan serangan sribu tgn ihsan

for Doom1 yes, for Doom2, you need idclip. but after a while, you'd be tempted to play without iddqd.. and then without idkfa, and then only idfa, and then none.. and then from knee-deep in dead to hurt me plenty. and then, switch to halo :P

Shining force? good times indeed. i bet nobody ever ventured into what we did :D hahah SDS some more...

I remember system32. changing the icon. lol. its not the best disguise but it works :)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home