>> Tuesday, February 27, 2007

More Reminder

Yanni - Love Songs
This song would remind me of the time I spent at the hospital. Right after the operation.

***
I have been told that "what you do" in the company doesn't really matter, but "how you do it" actually does. I also realized recently just "who you are" also plays a great deal in positioning yourself there. But on top of that, "what you have accomplished" actually plays a greater role especially when the buzzes that come from management is that they want to see results (even without appropriate direction or guidance).

The last advice I got from a senior was this: "Just do it".

But we are not in a sports industry. One more thing, getting results with minimal direction or guidance is seen as the "leadership" quality demanded - regardless of the people that have been bulldozed along the way or accountability for an even longer term (the mindset that somebody filling in my position once I go up shall inherit all the underlying troubles)

***
I am feeling an entirely different sense of exhaustion. I am too exhausted to even feel exhausted. Unsettled. I walked outside for a while for some breeze. A deep sense of loss. I don't wanna be asking "where are you?", but emphasizing "here I am" instead.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the same song would remind me of whom i gave it to.. and wonder what it means to him.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Zidni said...

it matters a great deal.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home