>> Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Being Passionate

While dad was customizing a new pair of glass at an optometry center, I wandered around a sports gear shop looking for some soccer boots. The employee who was giving me all the answers was impressive. I could tell that he has the passion for the kinds of boots that soccer stars wear. Not only did he explain the different classes of football shoes, he described the availability of each one including special cases. This reminded me of the need to discover talents. Perhaps I should surround myself with talented people. How do you discover talents? Isn’t that a way to start business? Unfortunately, I’m a little introverted by default and I’m lazy when it comes to maintaining a network. So, it’s not going to happen. Unless I turn over a new leaf. Or join a venture initiated by some old friends.

The website hit is all time low. Later I decided to swing some 3 woods with Muzani and CB. Not only did I drive, I swung all 3, 5 & 7 irons to get a feel of golf. It’s not as easy as I thought it was. Even though the ball stood still on the ground, it’s difficult to hit it since your steel stick wouldn’t swing straight without a balanced stance and steady arms. Out of ten swings for drive, 3 would go slanting forward and slightly curved to about 150 to 170 yards away (good hit), 3 would loop up (hitting the lower part of the ball and mostly the tee), and 4 would go straight down and roll just a couple of meters ahead (bad hit). I’m OK with the irons. Again, I would miss roughly 3 to 4 out 10 but the rest were good placing to about 100 to 150 yards range. And that was just hitting the ball. I haven’t gone into directing it to an exact green, spinning back ball, etc. Me going against Tiger Woods is like a dude with crutches beside Maurice Green.

We all watched two movies back to back - the Chronicles of Narnia (the Closet, Azlan Sulaiman the Asad, and the White *itch) and Equillibrium. Cool movies. Somehow I knew they'd like Equillibrium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home