>> Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dream Theory

I have a theory. We dream about something that bothers us and when we have to do a little extra thinking. Do you dream about something that bothers you?

Work bothers me. Keeps showing up in my dream too. I have to do a little extra thinking over that even though it wouldn't help a squat. My subconscious is doing the extra thinking and I burn thousands of brain cells over it. It's quite a burden. If it helps the work, then I wouldn't mind dreaming about it all night. The problem is, it doesn't. I wish I can just shutdown the work related part of my brain after 5 and turn it back on again tomorrow at 7. But I couldn't find the switch. :D

If you dream about your loved ones, it must be due to your worry. Or the depth of passion. For married couples, you have the significant other to help you with it. All night. For bachelors, you just want to sleep right away because you don't have any significant other by your side. If you go to bed with a favorite pillow or a stuffed animal you have nicknames for, at least you have that kind of support. If you're still dreaming then I'm not sure what went wrong. =p When I hit the sack, I just turn myself off. No fancy support of any form of special preparation. That's it. A simple pray before I close my eyes but sometimes I forget to do that. (with the mind-absence and all... )

Maybe showering my feet or drinking a glass of warm milk would help.

5 Comments:

Blogger Intan Saleh said...

i have my fav pillow. i have encik lembu. i wash my feet. i drink warm milk. i still dream. so, whats wrong?

i just think dreams are your brain's doing. unfinished business or like u said, something that bothers you. or something that u long for.

or in medical term, inter-reaction of chemical agents by physiological or external stimulus.. evolved to periodically make sure that everything is working in the central nervous system and to be alert, alerted in a way that one could be responsive to danger in an environment. =p

7:10 PM  
Blogger Ihsan Khairir said...

i turn on tv to the food channel and go to sleep

I dream about food throughout the whole sleep

11:12 AM  
Blogger Zidni said...

lol.. didnt know my body does all that. hm.. for me.. combination of unfinished business, something that bothers me, and something i long for

great idea ihsan!! i should try that. and wake up full instead of hungry & sad. :-)

5:33 PM  
Blogger joan said...

I,too, have a theory about dreams, and very different from yours. It is this:
We all exist in symbiosis with a larger mind, and that mind generates the virtual reality that we each experience. This symbiosis is maintained tbrough certian communcation channels, one of which is dreams. So, the dreams you experience are communications from your symbiot, and the dreams generated by your mind go to your symbiot to tell it, essentially, what is on your mind.
I have this all written up much more fully on my own blogspot, if you are interested: joan-blethers.blogspot.com
The blog is titled: THE NATURE OF EXISTENCE, and it contains the first elements in learning how to use and understand the language of dreams, that is, the language of metaphor, as opposed to the language of symbolism, which is what I am using now.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Zidni said...

Profound. Do you write a lot? Link it up so others can click joan-blethers.blogspot.com

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home