>> Sunday, December 10, 2006

Reconciliation

I already have 3 holes on my left knee. And I'm not married yet! =p

Hm, what's the other hole? Well, two were from the recent arthroscopy. The other one was a clean cut from a fine zinc plate back in 97/98. We were traveling to their field for a rugby game and I guess I didn't lift myself high enough through a temporary block of one of the missing gaps in the back gate between SAS and SMS Selangor then. The thin slab was actually sharp and it cut through my pants straight to the muscle around 15mm long. It was clean, like doctor's surgery knife. There's a matching stitching on that portion of the pants with the scar I have now. :D And I don't fit that pants anymore. =p

By the way, I'm reunited with my walking stick. The pain has subsided but the movement still feels a little rigid. That's why I needed the stick. I have indeed strained my left MCL and to my relief, I did not completely tear it up like last time. The reversing pattern reminds me of Gordon-Algernon effect, for those of you who followed the story of Charlie Gordon in Flowers for Algernon. This injury also serves as a reminder that I'm mortal. For as long as I recall the knee without a ligament and a strain to another, I would be reminding myself again. You never know the form of blessings the Almighty is blessing you with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home