>> Monday, December 11, 2006

The Puzzle

Header: (complex entry like this may require revisions from time to time. Watch for changes.)

I'm in a lot of dilemmas. Sometimes, I just wish I don't have to make the big decisions. But that's not how it works. Life trains you to make such decisions as you prepare yourself to make more and bigger ones in the future. My dad's version is, "if you have the power to choose then do so wisely." Trust me, I have learned that making a choice by itself is a responsibility and not only a freedom.

So what would make me twist my head 360 and back again to the opposite direction hoping to get all perspectives, but only result in a strain in the neck? Two things. And I'm going to ask one question only as the hint for both. In your life, generally, what do you spend about 12 hours on, and the other 12 doing something differently? (Hint: And you switch in between regularly and almost rhythmically and hopefully not intermittently.)

One of the two would require you to look into four channels. Typically you shall try and go for all four but you can settle with one at the very least. This part is in fact the greater in significance than the other one. You can drop the other one but not this. Whereas the other one requires more categories and even more development that you initially thought it needed. As already mentioned, it is not as significant as the first but it is still an important dimension.

Why a dilemma? Well, things don't fall into place like Lego with labeled instructions. Maybe I'm afraid of the future and too disappointed with the past. Or there's a huge wound inside still recovering. I have once delayed a decision for a year and half for something I'm afraid would happen in the future and lo and behold, my fear was true enough and it happened. Even with a hundred stars in the hand, I deferred the decision anyway. I am a very difficult person to convince and even after you think that you have convinced me, think again. I do not see even with all my senses ready, let alone locked. Do you think there is a reason that I do not remember things?

I know my values but that doesn't translate into which decision is right and which is wrong. So, how do you decide? Trust your own heart, choose, and pray to God? I have made countless wrong decisions in my life so far and sometimes, if not all the time, the results weren't so bad at all. But did things go the way I wanted? Not necessarily. But I didn't regret all of them. At least I learned my lessons as well. Does fate have anything to do with all this?

OK. Enough ranting. No doubt. No regrets. LOL.

***
Zidney's Believe It Or Not, someone just complimented the way I rant. I almost thought that a rant on its own is nowhere close to interesting regardless of the manner it is being conveyed. But I guess the style in which I have been indulging myself into does not reflect the behavior and characteristics of a rant. But it does. Maybe it's doesn't. Is it obvious?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes u just need to make decision based on what you have in hand. then cross ur finger and hoping to fall on the safe land. if it doesnt, you better start swimming.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Zidni said...

That seems to be the case if i drop from the chopper.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home